Some hockey fans are seeing a familiar face on Fox's reality matchmaking show Married by America. Jill Nicolini, a 25-year-old Islanders hostess, is one of five contestants who is placing her romantic future in the hands of the TV-watching public. Viewers paired her with a bachelor named Kevin, who, though he'd never seen her, gave Nicolini an engagement ring on Monday night's episode. The show will follow them—and four other couples—through its finale on April 14, at which time Jill and Kevin will decide whether to get hitched. Nicolini, who was Miss Long Island in 2002 but gave up the crown when it was revealed she had appeared in Playboy, does in-game promotions and giveaways for the Islanders. "We all love her here," says team spokesman Chris Botta. "We'll all be watching."
?Do you believe that USA Today list of the Top 10 Hardest Things to Do in Sports? Neither do we. So SI's Bill Scheft—who also writes for David Letterman—created a list of the Top 10 Really Hardest Things to Do in Sports:
10. Sitting behind Yao Ming at a movie.
9. Telling former Islanders goalie Billy Smith that his hairpiece is on crooked.
8. Hearing the phrase "Down in front!" at an Expos game.
7. Assuming Vin Baker's contract.
6. Getting your cellphone to ring at the absolute height of Tiger's backswing.
5. Settling out of court with Al Davis.
4. Spotting the 76ers' Allen Iverson at a Yanni concert.
3. Buying Midol at the Augusta National gift shop.