Good to be here. I missed the Tony Awards. Help me out here. Did the Mighty Ducks win for Best Revival?
FUNNY CIDE'S VISA DECLINED AT BELMONT
Empire Maker spoiled the New York-bred's bid for the Triple Crown. Now, I guess all that's left for the gelding is to be put out to stag.
Still, it was a great five weeks, and in his honor, Funny Cide's owners renamed themselves No- Sackatoga Stable.
They say the gelding process can have a calming effect. Hey, it worked for Richard Simmons.
SAMMY SOSA: BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL?
Cork was found after Sosa's bat broke in Tuesday's game at Wrigley against the Devil Rays. And what are the odds of this? Royals pitcher Jason Grimsley flew in from Los Angeles to steal the bat out of the umpires' room.
Sammy says he only uses a corked bat in batting practice. Yeah, and Gaylord Perry only used K-Y jelly on English muffins.
According to an ESPN poll, 80% said the incident would severely hurt Sosa's reputation. And the other 20% said, "If I answer this poll, do I get a fleece?"
After the incident Major League Baseball X-rayed 76 of Sosa's bats. And I don't get this. They also X-rayed Kerry Wood.