5. Scottie Pippen, Bulls, F-G—The kid from Central Arkansas is holding his own in the Windy City.
6. Kenny Smith, Kings, G—Coach Bill Russell says it's Smith's team to run. And run he does.
7. Kevin Johnson, Cavs, G—Another rookie who might be quarterbacking a club.
8. Olden Polynice, Sonics, F-C—The right team for this tough guy.
9. Derrick McKey, Sonics, F—With Polynice, maybe the best 1-2 rookie punch, unless...
10. Horace Grant, Bulls, F—and teammate Pippen are better.
11. Reggie Miller, Pacers, G—Will take minutes away from John Long.
12. Tyrone Bogues, Bullets, G—Most interesting quarterback in Washington since Billy Kilmer.
13. Joe Wolf, Clippers, F—Slowed by early-season groin injury. Should help at both forward positions.
14. Tellis Frank, Warriors, F-C—Tell us, Frank. We're not sure yet.