5. CINCINNATI, Rickey Dixon, CB, OKLAHOMA
Bengals figure they can pick up WRs and RBs in later rounds.
6. L.A. RAIDERS, Tim Brown, WR, NOTRE DAME
Would have liked Dixon or Blades, but, surprise, look who's still available.
7. L.A. RAMS, Craig Heyward, RB, PITTSBURGH
(projected trade with Green Bay)
Coach John Robinson's weight-control program will be 25 carries a game.
8. N.Y. JETS, Paul Gruber, T, WISCONSIN
1987 Jets gave up 66 sacks. Gruber the best offensive lineman around.
9. HOUSTON (from L.A. Rams), Gaston Green, RB, UCLA
Or the Oilers could trade down for a second-round LB.
10. MINNESOTA, Dave Cadigan, T, USC
(projected trade with N.Y. Giants)
He'll move to guard, Vikes' weak spot. Giants get their man lower down.
11. DALLAS, Michael Irvin, WR, MIAMI
Many holes to fill, but a big-play receiver is a must.
12. PHOENIX, Brad Muster, RB, STANFORD
Can play halfback, fullback or the up-back in two-tight-end set.
13. PHILADELPHIA, Keith Jackson, TE, OKLAHOMA
Buddy Ryan's instincts say DB, but Jackson is too good to pass up.
14. GREEN BAY, Anthony Miller, WR, TENNESSEE
(projected trade with L.A. Rams)
Pack wants defense but can't land its top three hopes.