15. SAN DIEGO, Eric Moore, T, INDIANA
Still a lot left in the WR ranks, but this big guy is irresistible.
16. MIAMI, Clifford Charlton, LB, FLORIDA
Dolphins, with a paltry 21 sacks in 1987, again draft for defense.
17. NEW ENGLAND, Lorenzo White, HB, MICHIGAN STATE
LB help needed, but Pats always go for the best player on the board.
18. PITTSBURGH, John Stephens, FB, NORTHWESTERN STATE (LA.)
RBs still abound. Steelers will go for this bruiser who runs a 4.4 40.
19. N.Y. GIANTS, John Elliott, T, MICHIGAN
(projected trade with Minnesota)
Offensive line injuries hurt last year, so the Giants take this 300-pounder.
20. L.A. RAMS (from Indianapolis), Wendell Davis, WR, LSU
RB Thurman Thomas very attractive, but L.A. has already taken Ironhead.
21. HOUSTON, Ken Harvey, LB, CALIFORNIA
Or will trade spot for a second-round shot at Ohio State LB Chris Spielman.
22. CLEVELAND, Michael Dean Perry, NG-DE, CLEMSON
Browns plan to make the short (6'2") Perry into a new-wave DE.
23. CHICAGO, Aaron Cox, WR, ARIZONA STATE
Won't take an OLB because feels Ron Rivera can replace Wilber Marshall.
24. NEW ORLEANS, Thurman Thomas, RB, OKLAHOMA STATE
With Rueben Mayes hurting, Saints will go for the best RB remaining.