The anatomy of a cave that represents a true rite of passage
Rive joins cave
1. CRISCO CRACK: The entrance to the cave descends in a series of one-foot-wide fissures for 90 feet.
2. THE CHIMNEY: Just before entering a three-foot chimney leading to the Great Hall, the river disappears into a "sump.
3. THE GREAT HALL: The chamber is 2,000 feet long and 100 feel high. Near the end, the rocky floor rises almost to the ceiling before dropping into a 20-foot pit.
4. LUNCHROOM INTERSECTION: Main trail ends in "breakdown" (far left); side trail leads to a pit, approximately 125 feet deep, that requires mountain-climbing gear.
5. GONZO FALLS: Must be traversed by upper-level passage.
6. B-52 FALLS: Requires mountain-climbing gear.
7. FORMATIONS: Found along Lost Worland River.
8. THE GRIM CRAWL OF DEATH