- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
It is a shame to think that the NFL club owners would be considering a move that would prevent most (if not all) of a team's fans from attending the playoff game. Apparently they have not considered where their life blood comes from. For several clubs the number of season-ticket holders is at a record high. In the event of a winning conference team it is the season-ticket holder who usually receives—and exercises—first choice of a seat in the championship game. Many truly loyal fans will suffer by having neither time nor money to make the southward migration.
Under the present setup of having the championship game every other year at the Eastern Conference home field, I have a 50-50 chance of seeing a championship game. But I know I cannot afford to travel to New Orleans. Well, maybe pro football is not for folks in my circumstances. If it becomes too expensive, I enjoy football enough to go back to watching high school games.
As Brown (Paul) is drawn, mauled and quartered, Brown (Jimmy) is quoted as saying "I've always wanted to play for a coach I feel like going out and dying for." Hog-wash! How about those first golden years when Brown (J) was playing his all for Brown (P)? Could it be that Brown (P) became the ogre only after Brown's (J) fame and salary became too inflated?
I am a loyal Browns fan (Paul, Cleveland and Jimmy). All three were a team for a while, but Lady Luck failed to bless them with a championship. Then, and only then, did the Browns (Jimmy and Cleveland) desert the Brown (Paul).
1) The number of events a woman may enter in one day is restricted. A man is limited only by his stamina.
2) A woman traveling overnight is required to have a chaperone. Why? If the athlete is a minor, such judgments should be made by her parents, and if she is not, it is her own business.