- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Some of the players are getting old, and some feel alienated, but Tom Landry keeps punching out winners because the organization stays ahead of the game.
This will be Paul Brown's 40th football season and he has won over 300 games if you want to count Severn Prep, Massillon High, Ohio State, Great Lakes Naval Station, the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati.
Beyond that, all he takes credit for is being:
1. The first to employ a year-round coaching staff.
2. The first to use notebooks and classroom techniques extensively.
3. The first to set up a statistical film-clip study.
4. The first to grade players.
5. The first to insist that players stay in downtown hotels the night before a home game.
6. The first to call plays from the sidelines.