Phil Mickelson would only say that he skipped the Tour Championship for "personal reasons," but Tour insiders weren't buying it. Here are their top 10 guesses as to why the 2005 PGA champ WD'd.
-- Geoff Shackelford
10. He had to rest up for the Chargers' bye week.
9. There are no In-N-Out Burgers in Atlanta.
8. Post-Halloween nougat hangover.
7. The Tour has already Driven to a Billion, so what's the point?
6. When commissioner Tim Finchem said the schedule would end in September, Phil thought he meant this year.
5. The NBA season has begun. Five-team parlays are back!
4. Phil needed another week to decide if he should go back to a visor in '06.
3. Have you seen the price of jet fuel? He would've had to fill up the Gulfstream.
2. Tiger didn't stick around for the finish of the PGA, so why should Phil be there when Woods wins the money title?