Okeafor, whose full first name, Chikezie, means "well made by God" in a Nigerian dialect, tries to live the truly good life:
* "I always eat organic," he says. "Natural is the best way."
* He replenishes his system with multimineral and herbal supplements and a protein supplement.
* To "link the mind, body and spirit" Okeafor meditates in the morning and evening. He also runs trails with his Great Danes, Mystique and King.
* In the off-season he does Pilates and also does yoga with Stephane. "She's getting into hot yoga," says Okeafor. "I think I'll try it."
* He drinks at least seven 16-ounce bottles of ultrapurified water a day.
* He is anti--anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen. "They're synthetic," he says. "They work for symptoms but have side effects. The body knows the difference between natural and synthetic."
* He runs on "cleaner fuel," though he's no extremist. Okeafor's favorite morning meal is eggs scrambled with avocado, tomato and cheese. For lunch he loves a turkey sandwich, piled high with swiss cheese, spinach, lettuce and pickles. Dinner? "I've spent a lot of time in the Midwest," says Okeafor, who went to Purdue, "so I have a lot of love for the old steak and potatoes."