Tennessee's upset of Memphis last Saturday boosted the Vols to No. 1 for the first time in school history, but the win could mean even more to the NCAA tournament selection committee. Having two of the most significant road victories of the year may count as much as winning the SEC in securing the No. 1 seed for Tennessee and Tyler Smith (right). Here are the road wins that could most affect NCAA seeding.
1. Tennessee 66, Memphis 62, Feb. 23
Vols ended Tigers' unbeaten run at 26 games.
2. Texas 63, UCLA 61, Dec. 2
Best of Longhorns' three wins against top-seven teams.
3. Wisconsin 67, Texas 66, Dec. 29
Badgers' win foreshadowed surprising run at Big Ten title.
4. Duke 89, North Carolina 78, Feb. 6
Blue Devils got early edge for No. 1 seed over Tar Heels.
5. Tennessee 82, Xavier 75, Dec. 22
Vols handed Muskies lone Cintas Center loss.