- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: Two quarts water; one cup grits; two sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter; 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese; one cup 2% milk; salt; fresh ground pepper; two tomatoes, chopped; four cloves garlic, minced; 11/2 cups chicken broth; six scallions, finely chopped; two onions, cut first in half then in julienne strips; two green peppers; one tablespoon of Mrs. Dash; three pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined.
1. Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan
2. Add grits and 1/2 cup of butter.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the milk and the Parmesan cheese.
5. Season with the salt and pepper, set aside "but try to keep warm." (Put a lid on it.)
6. Melt two tablespoons of the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add onions and green peppers, stirring occasionally. Allow the pieces to get well caramelized. ("You want them to brown a little bit as this helps with flavor and color.")