Before we begin could someone, anyone, get an endorsement contract for Under Armour over to Saddam Hussein?
Interleague play grips nation, sort of New twist to the Dodgers-Angels series. This year, the loser had to take legal custody of the name Anaheim.
According to a recent survey of New Yorkers, 51% said they would root for the Yankees in a subway series, 35% said the Mets. That's 86%. Which means the other 14% answered, "What are you, a cop?"
Fox debuted its 2005 MLB schedule with Yankees-Mets. Unfortunately it will be six weeks until the network is ready to unveil its new feature, SpecimenCam.
Congress is pushing toward government regulation of testing for performance-enhancement drugs. How come I think this will go away if somebody comes up with a faith-based steroid?
I know Bud Selig wants to appear tough on this issue, but did he need to show up on Capitol Hill last week carrying a light saber?
Elsewhere the Cubs' medical staff has come up with a radical way to treat Kerry Wood's injured shoulder: three weeks of rehab, followed by a televised sit-down intervention with Dr. Phil.
Preak performance by Afleet Alex The courageous favorite won easily despite stumbling and going to his knees. Scary. Jeremy Rose almost activated his air bag.
On the bright side it was nice to have an incident in the stretch that didn't result in a lawsuit from Jose Santos.
The race started 16 minutes late. The stewards had trouble loading all of Nick Zito's excuses.