- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Should TV viewers or spectators be allowed to point out rules violations to tournament officials?
"No. Players and rules officials have that job-- apply there!"
When Michelle Wie (right) was disqualified at the Samsung World Championship, it was the 36th DQ of the year on the PGA and LPGA tours. Below are some other noteworthy disqualifications. Can you can match the infraction with the player who committed it?
Infraction (Rule Violated)
1. I shot an opening-round 63, then forgot to sign my scorecard (Rule 6-6b).
2. I played a ball that was not on the conforming-ball list (Rule 5-1).
3. I failed to show up for the second round of a tournament (Rule 6-3a).
4. I signed for two incorrect scores on one card (Rule 6-6d), then two months later signed for another incorrect score.
5. I changed one of the clubs in my bag during a weather delay (Rule 14-4a).