2) Reggie Dupard and Jeff Atkins, SMU—Dupard flies; Atkins bowls; Smooo goes.
3) Neal Anderson and John L. Williams, Florida—Pity that we won't get to see this pair on the tube.
4) Melvin Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith, Miami—Bernie who?
5) Dalton Hilliard and Garry James, LSU—Imagine how good they would be with an offensive line.
6) Kenneth Davis and Tony Jeffery, TCU—Davis, the '84 SWC Offensive Player of the Year, and Jeffery, the '84 SWC Newcomer of the Year, are the fearsomest Frogs this side of Calaveras County.
BEST PLACE FOR BAD FOOTBALL
Duke. Stadium is a natural amphitheater surrounded by huge pine trees. During night games a spotlight shines on the chapel spire in the background.
Honorable mention: Colorado, Cal, Indiana, UTEP (yes, UTEP).
WORST PLACE FOR GOOD FOOTBALL
Nebraska, where 56,000 of 74,000 seats are located outside the 20-yard lines. Most of those have no arms, no backs and no cover from a nasty wind. The football must be good; the Huskers have had 136 straight sellouts.