- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
BEST OFF-SEASON TRADE
1) The intense five-year weight program there burns them out.
2) Nothing they do in the pros is as important, emotionally, as those Nebraska years.
3) They are overachievers, not great athletes, fitted into the perfect system and overrated by scouts due to the program's success.
FOR STATISTICS NUTS ONLY
Why rate the passers on an efficiency grade system, and then rate the teams' passing attacks only by aggregate totals? The reason is that it would take the stats people too long to tally up each team's grade, based on the efficiency formula, and for the teams you'd have to find a way to figure in sacks. O.K., I did it for the 28 NFL teams last year. Using the formula for rating individual passers, and using net yards (gross yards minus sack yardage) in place of total passing yards, I got the following changes in the rankings: San Diego and Green Bay, which ranked 1-2 in pass offense, are replaced by Washington and San Francisco. Remember, this system rates efficiency, not just gross yardage.