1. TOM WATSON—Two-time winner, best putter in the game. Would win just to get back at the media he loves to hate.
2. JERRY PATE—Most talented player around, could win any week. But he'll have to dive into a bowl of red-eye gravy.
3. SEVE BALLESTEROS—Nearest to Pate in all-around ability. Tee shots don't often get lost at Augusta and Seve's won here before.
4. RAY FLOYD—They call him "Tempo Raymondo," Old Mr. Steady. He shares the 72-hole record with Nicklaus.
5. LANNY WADKINS—When he's hot, he's the hottest, and he knows how to win majors.
6. TOM KITE—If getting up and down is the key, Kite's your man.
7. CRAIG STADLER—The wild bull of the fairways hasn't won a major, but he will. Having a great year.
8. JOHNNY MILLER—If the fairways offer perfect lies, watch out for this deadly iron player. He's been close before.
9. BILL ROGERS—Best shotmaker in the game, but length could be a problem for him.
10. JACK NICKLAUS—Over the hill but not so far away. He's only won this one five times.