- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
BELMONT, GUARD, 3.87, EXERCISE SCIENCE (PRE-MED)
WEST VIRGINIA, GUARD, 3.79, HISTORY
DRAKE, GUARD, 3.97, BUSINESS AND FINANCE
7. The Cheerleader Cattiness Quotient. Few things are more amusing than watching spirit squads talk smack about their rah-rah rivals—or to opposing players, a la UCLA cheerleaders versus Joakim Noah at the '06 Final Four.
8. The 5 vs. 12 game. Wyoming over Virginia in 1987. Wisconsin--Green Bay over Cal in '94. Pacific over Providence in 2004. You can almost always count on a No. 12 seed (or three) springing a first-round upset over a No. 5. In fact, in only three seasons (1988, 2000 and last year) since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985 has a fifth seed not gone down in the first round. This year it'll be Western Kentucky over Drake.
9. Even your grandma is in an office pool. And she nails all the 8--9 games.
10. Tournament games are now broadcast for free, on the Internet, assuring that those fans who haven't traveled to regionals, vacationed in Vegas or simply played hooky from their jobs are still completely unproductive at work.