- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
29. The Stanford Band in topical dress. At the onset of the Iraq War in 2003, band members dressed up for the first round in stereotypical French attire (berets, striped shirts, Louis XIV garb) in solidarity with our recalcitrant allies.
30. Florida's Billy Donovan (left, who earns $3.5 million per year) won't be coaching in it, but Belmont's Rick Byrd ($228,000) will.
31. No. 16 seeds. Especially the Harvard women, who became the only such seed—men's teams included—to win a tournament game when they beat Stanford in 1998.
32. Open practices at the Final Four.
33. The mid-majors are getting serious respect. Drake, which hasn't been in the NCAA tournament since 1971, has the same seed (No. 5) as Michigan State, which has won two national championships since 1979.
34. SI'S ALL-BRAINIAC TEAM (WOMEN)
LIBERTY, GUARD-FORWARD, 3.91, KINESIOLOGY
TENNESSEE, FORWARD-CENTER, 3.77, SOCIOLOGY/CRIMINAL JUSTICE