49. Chris Webber's timeout.
50. Coach "Fang" Mitchell, and a Coppin State team that started the season 4--19 (now 16--20), reaching the Dance.
51. Sandy Koufax. The reclusive baseball Hall of Fame pitcher turns up at the Final Four almost every year.
52. Unlikely cult icons. In March 2006 the phrase "You just got Pittsnogled" officially entered the sports lexicon as Kevin Pittsnogle led West Virginia to the Sweet 16 and won over fans everywhere with his penchant for heroic threes and Kevin Federline--esque facial hair.
53. The possibility, however unlikely, that Oklahoma could play Boise State again in a postseason game of consequence.
54. The possibility, also unlikely, that Austin Peay could force Dick Vitale to again stand on his head, as he did when the Governors beat Illinois 21 years ago and Vitale lost a bet.
55. Texas Western 72, Kentucky 65.
56. The bone-rattling screen Oklahoma's Eduardo Najera set on Michigan State's Mateen Cleaves in '99.
57. The play-in game.
58. Neutral sites. Nothing says NCAA tournament quite like a Miami--St. Mary's first-round matchup in Little Rock.