- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Eight questions covering the most significant points in his statement to SI were asked of Harry Thomas during a lie detector examination in the offices of John E. Reid & Associates of Chicago, outstanding specialists in polygraph testing. Thomas had volunteered for this examination. The questions and answers:
1. Was your fight with Schmeling fixed?
2. Was Jim Norris Jr. your secret manager?
3. Was your fight with Galento fixed?
4. Did you write your friends before the Schmeling fight to say that it was fixed?
5. Did Jim Norris Jr. tell you in person to lose the Schmeling fight?
6. In October, 1937 in a Drake Hotel room did Jim Norris Jr. tell you to lose the Schmeling fight?
7. Did Jim Norris Jr. tell you personally that he would have a man sign your manager's contract for him?
8. Did Jim Norris Jr. tell you in person to lose the Galento fight?
After studying the results Reid, who had personally conducted the examination, concluded: "It is the opinion of the examiner, based on this subject's records, that he is telling the truth regarding the above-listed questions."