1) The YANKEES are human.
2) The WHITE SOX have begun well in the past—but their pitching has never looked so good.
3) Manager BIRDIE TEBBETTS is a wizard—or has convinced his players that he is, which comes to about the same.
4) The CARDINALS are not the expected "most improved club in the National League." The Phillies are.
5) WILLIAMS (38) and MUSIAL (36) are the most promising hitters of 1957.
6) The BRAVES have been foolhardy in avoiding a trade which their pitching wealth permitted, and which ought to have sewn up the pennant.
7) The STRIKEOUT has replaced the home run at Ebbets Field.
8) BASEBALL will become truly national (see page 26).