- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
ON THE ROPES
With only two ropes, the top rope about three feet above the ring floor, boxers would fall out of the ring instead of being hung up on the ropes. They could fall onto a padded strip about four feet wide, if the ropes were moved in from the edges of the ring floor.
1) Limit all fights to seven rounds.
2) Cut rounds from three minutes to one minute.
3) Eliminate judges and make all exhibitions no-decision contests.
4) Eliminate gloves and allow contestants to carry a knife in each hand, the length of the blade being limited to eight inches.