- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
When I told my wife, she grinned. "The Stork Man strikes again," she said.
"Something like that," I admitted.
As a coach, I decided, I would first do all I could to see that the kids enjoyed the game. Second, I'd try to teach them some basic things about basketball.
So I made my resolutions:
1) All kids would get equal playing time, regardless of ability.
2) I would encourage, not criticize, them.
3) My players and I would never argue with officials.
4) I would treat Michael the same way I treated the other players—no better, no worse.
5) I'd have no heroes on my team—and certainly no goats.
6) Winning, if it happened, would be treated as a pleasant by-product rather than the central purpose of the game.