Found in Translation
CHINA IS HOME to some of the most rabid—and perceptive—basketball fans on the planet. That's evident in the wonderfully descriptive nicknames they've given NBA stars. (Tim Duncan, for example, is Stone Buddha.) Can you guess which of these nicknames for Olympic players are real and which we've made up?
1. LEBRON JAMES: The King of Lake Erie
2. KOBE BRYANT: Little Flying Warrior
3. JASON KIDD: The Engine
4. DIRK NOWITZKI: German Race Car
5. DWYANE WADE: Barkley's Little Buddy
6. CARLOS BOOZER: Betrayal Skull Dude
ANSWERS: 2, 3, 4 AND 6 ARE REAL. (BOOZER'S STEMS FROM WHEN HE ALLEGEDLY RENEGED ON AN AGREEMENT TO RESIGN WITH CLEVELAND.) JAMES GOES BY LITTLE EMPEROR; WADE IS THE FLASH.
It's Only Fair