- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
• BASEBALL CARDS in the spokes.
• MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY on the handlebars.
• DELIVER NEWSPAPERS TOO. L'Equipe?
• DO SOME JUMPS. For the X-Games crowd.
• CHAMPAGNE EVERY DAY. It's not just for cruising to the finish line anymore.
DARRELL ARTHUR and Mario Chalmers were booted from the NBA rookie symposium—the one that is supposed to teach them how to avoid getting into trouble—and fined $20,000 after the former Kansas teammates were found with women in their room. (The odor of marijuana was reportedly in the air, but none was found.) My question is, Why expel these guys? Not only do they clearly need the instruction, but they could have been part of the lesson plan. Here's what you do: Have them stand on stage, negative headlines projected behind them, while a speaker says, "Meet Darrell and Mario. Don't do what they did."
THE FINE PRINT: On the sideline during a win over Michigan, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis tore his ACL and MCL, in an apparent attempt to impress Gisele Bundchen.
Go to DANPATRICK.COM for more from Dale Earnhardt Jr. and other recent interviews, and hear live audio of Dan's radio show, 9 a.m. to noon ET, Mon.--Fri.