- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
RR: I don't know if I'll last that long. [Laughs.] But I'm 45, and if I could coach till I'm 60, that would be terrific. By then my son will be in college and I'll be ready to do something different.
DP: What did you underestimate in going to Michigan?
RR: I don't know if I underestimated anything. Even if Lloyd [Carr] and his entire staff came back, they were going to be in a transition period because they lost all the starters. Chad Henne and Jake Long and Mike Hart were four-year starters. You couple that with some new schemes, and we knew it would be a rough start. I'm disappointed we gave some things away against Notre Dame....
DP: If I said you could get a win but blow out your knee like Charlie Weis in that game ...
RR: I'd take the win.
Take It to the House
BLEACHER SEATS are about to become the must-have patio furniture in the New York area, with everything from Yankee and Shea stadiums going up for sale to the public. I got to thinking, what if you could outfit a dream house with pieces of great sports stadiums. Here's what mine would look like.
• The doormat: a section of frozen tundra from Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
• My front-yard flagpole: Pesky's Pole from Fenway.
• My backyard fence: the Green Monster, complete with scoreboard. Especially if I don't like my neighbors.