Here are Pierre McGuire's recommended Olympic shootout lineups for Canada and the U.S.
1. Al MacInnis, BLUES Should go first because of his ability to overpower and rattle the goaltender with 100-mph blast.
2. Joe Sakic, AVALANCHE Outstanding moves and lightning release; he is the master at shooting for the five hole.
3. Paul Kariya, MIGHTY DUCKS Can hit the top shelf of the goal with either backhand or forehand shot.
4. Joe Nieuwendyk. STARS Head always up when he attacks, allowing him to read goalie and make necessary adjustments.
5. Mario Lemieux, PENGUINS Best goes last; can shoot puck through a needle's eye and also turn goalie into pretzel with his moves.
1. Jeremy Roenick, FLYERS Most underrated part of his game is ability to keep puck on his stick until he finds opening.
2. Brian Rolston, BRUINS Speedster won't try anything fancy; he'll most likely pick one of the net's four corners.
3. Brett Hull, RED WINGS Has the world's quickest release in addition to remarkable composure.
4. Tony Amtonte, BLACKHAWKS Terrific backhand shot; ability to roof the puck forces goaltenders to guard the entire net.
5. Mike Modano, STARS Always had speed and shot, now he's unpredictable, too; has ideal poise for last shooter.