- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
If your story helps stir the needed interest of the NFL or AFL in minor league professional football, you will have performed a noble deed. Giving comparatively inactive taxi squad players a chance to play regularly in a good league would help everyone—the majors, the players, and the minor league pros. And the minors are worth helping!
Let's hope your story spurs more financial, support from Ohio Valley industries. They, and you, could then share our fans' affection.
1) It might be pointed out that nearly 40 CFL graduates are currently playing in the NFL or AFL.
2) Some of the CFL clubs have more fancy equipment than the Ironmen, including diathermy machines, unshabby dressing rooms and Exer-Genies. In fact, the champion Orlando Panthers have a complete Exer-Genie program.
3) Harold Peterson's brief description of the CFL game ("A crashing and bruising affair on the ball and away rom it. The passes are accurate and the receivers' patterns complex") is a succinct picture of the brand of football appreciated by fans throughout the CFL.
I think one of the reasons is that Mr. Peterson and writers like him label our area as the nation's spittoon.