- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
The Eire Apparent?
With Cincinnati one of six undefeated teams left in college football, coach Brian Kelly keeps being mentioned as a possible replacement at Notre Dame should the embattled Charlie Weis be fired. I asked him why he thought his name was coming up. "Profile," he said. "We won a lot of games—more with less. [And I'm] an East Coast Irish Catholic. But last I checked, that job wasn't open, anyway."
Line of the week
In the December issue of Allure, Victoria Beckham says she prefers sex to sleep, so I asked her husband, David Beckham, if she was quoted correctly: "Without a doubt. It definitely sounds like one of my wife's quotes. She's an honest person and [her comments] are all true."
Now Hear This
Listen to the podcasts at danpatrick.com/interviews
1. Tyler Hansborough discusses the life of an NBA rookie.
2. Heisman dark horse Freddie Barnes of Bowling Green.
THE FINE PRINT: The Nets are four short of the NBA record for consecutive losses to open a season. Two more and Jay-Z will have to change his name to Jay-V.