- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Welcome to the first-ever SPORTS ILLUSTRATED GOLF+ Equipment Issue. You might wonder why, after 16 years of mostly writing about the people who play golf, SI GOLF+ decided to devote an entire issue to what we play with. The new grooves rule on Tour (The New Face of Golf, page 20) went into our thinking, as did all the cool stuff that's coming to market this year (10 for '10, page 31), but our primary motivation is to provide a service.
This issue is an introduction to See-Try-Buy, a multiplatform initiative by the SI Golf Group—SI GOLF+, GOLF MAGAZINE and GOLF.com—that will help you, and the industry-leading 12 million golfers who constitute the SI Golf Group audience, make better, more-informed buying decisions.
Here's how See-Try-Buy works: When you see equipment coverage in SI GOLF+ or GOLF MAGAZINE, look for the See-Try-Buy icons (above, right). They will point you to See-Try-Buy at GOLF.com, where you'll be able to do the following:
• "See" an exhaustive compilation of videos, photos and reviews of every club and ball sold today;
• "Try" a special offer from GolfTEC (golftec.com)—our new partner and the No. 1 club-fitting and golf-instruction company in the world, with more than 140 U.S. locations—for a tour-quality, one-hour fitting for only $99 (a savings of almost $100), plus a listing of proprietary fitting options for each equipment brand;
• "Buy" the equipment you've seen and tried from GOLF.com, GolfTEC, a golf retailer or, in some cases, directly from the manufacturer.
See-Try-Buy will simplify what can be a confusing, hard-to-access process. Now a golfer of any skill level can confidently make the purchasing decision that is right for him or her.
JAMES P. HERRE
Managing Editor, SI Golf Group