- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
I asked Jamie McMurray what souvenir he'd save from the Chevy he drove to Victory Lane in the Daytona 500. He told me that he was going to try to keep the whole thing and put it in his personal auto shop, though he didn't rule out eventually giving it to a museum in his hometown of Joplin, Mo. I know what I'd do if it were my car, though: cut off the top, throw a mattress in there and turn it into an old-school race car bed.
Line of the week
Charles Barkley was outspoken (shocking!) about NBA teams who sacrificed players to clear salary cap space: "It's a travesty and a disgrace that some of these teams have tanked. Those teams that don't get two [elite free agents], they're going to stink for the next five years."
Now Hear This
Listen to the podcasts at danpatrick.com/interviews
1. Lindsey Vonn discusses using cheese as part of her rehab.
2. New Mexico coach Steve Alford on the Lobos' hot start.
THE FINE PRINT: Fox is trying to compete with NBC. This week on American Idol, contestants will have to perform a triple Lutz while singing Pants on the Ground.