- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
Fox analyst Darrell Waltrip said that Carl Edwards couldn't have foreseen Brad Keselowski's car flying through the air when he wrecked Keselowski earlier this month in Atlanta. "Carl had no idea, and I wouldn't have either, that that car would [go airborne]," said Waltrip. "He gave it a little tap. His intentions were to send it through the grass and ruin that boy's day."
Line of the week
Major league umpire Tim McClelland talked about instant replay in the wake of last year's controversy-filled postseason: "I don't want anyone to have to go through the media scrutiny I went through in the playoffs. It's not fun. If there's some medium that can correct [bad calls], then the umpires are starting to favor that."
Now Hear This
Listen to the podcasts at danpatrick.com/interviews
1. Bill Self and John Calipari discuss the NCAA tournament.
2. Unsigned pitcher John Smoltz on his plans for this season.
THE FINE PRINT: 50,000 saw the Pacquiao-Clottey fight at Cowboys Stadium. Clottey's cutman was so busy, he had to cancel Jerry Jones's eighth-round face-lift.