Who'll be up, who'll be down—and who'll be on top—after Homestead
1. Kurt Busch 10TH* WINS: 2 TOP 10s: 15
Now in his prime, the '04 champ has the talent, the team and the experience to dethrone Jimmie Johnson.
2. Jimmie Johnson 5TH WINS: 5 TOP 10s: 14
Though JJ has faltered in the last two months, don't overlook the four-time champ. His best tracks fall in the Chase.
3. Kevin Harvick 1ST WINS: 3 TOP 10s: 17
Under the old points system, Harvick would cruise to the Cup; under the new, he'll labor, as the Chase tracks aren't his best.
4. Carl Edwards 4TH WINS: 0 TOP 10s: 14
Edwards's specialty is intermediate-length tracks, and five of the 10 Chase races take place at such venues.
5. Tony Stewart 6TH WINS: 1 TOP 10s: 14