SI Vault
 
FOR THE RECORD
January 16, 2012
| DIED |
Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font
January 16, 2012

For The Record

View CoverRead All Articles
1 2

| HOSPITALIZED |

With severe burns over nearly half his body after a house fire last Friday, Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson. Firefighters arrived at Wilson's Seven Fields, Pa., town house, about 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, at 2:45 a.m. and saw flames emanating from the building. Wilson, 50, was eventually airlifted to the University of Pittsburgh's Mercy Hospital, where he was put in a medically induced coma. He missed the Steelers' wild-card loss to the Broncos on Sunday, but his injuries, while serious, are not considered to be life-threatening. It is believed that the fire started on the stove in his kitchen. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.

1 2