- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
• After the ACC added Notre Dame for all sports except football and men's hockey last week, commissioner John Swofford said, "There is no need to add a 16th team to the league and there's no intention of doing so. In fact, from a practical standpoint, it is illogical." Should anyone believe him? Consider these comments.
Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne in June 2010:
"It is my sincere belief that staying in the Big 12, where we compete in the same time zone, get our athletes home at a decent hour, and where they can play in front of their families and friends are all very important things to consider. Our athletes and coaches have skin in the realignment game, and all our coaches and the vast majority of our student-athletes want to stay where we are. That was a key decision point to me."
• A&M was accepted to the SEC in September 2011.
Mike Alden, Missouri's AD in August 2011:
"Where are we going? We haven't had any discussions with anybody else. Our focus, as you know, is on the Big 12."
• Mizzou followed Texas A&M to the SEC in November 2011.
Colorado AD Mike Bohn in June 2010:
"The best thing for Colorado is to be in the Big 12 conference. Colorado has been committed to the Big 12 conference all along. Colorado was instrumental in helping form the Big 12 conference."
• Colorado joined the Pac-12 in July 2011.