- TOP PLAYERSOffensePABLO S. TORRE | August 20, 2012
- TAMPA BAY buccaneersENEMY lines WHAT A RIVAL COACH SAYSJune 28, 2012
- Faces in the CrowdJune 11, 2001
November 14, 1977 | Jonathan Yardley
The best pages of one of our best sports books involved a beefy pro football player who had a manic gift of gab and a heightened sense of life's absurdities. The book was George, Plimpton's Paper Lion, and the...
October 11, 1976 | George Plimpton
October 27, 1975 | Edited by Robert W. Creamer
•Tony Mason, University of Cincinnati football coach: "The thing is that 90% of the colleges are abiding by the rules, doing things right. The other 10%, they're going to the bowl games."
May 27, 1974 | Edited by Andrew Crichton
•Brian Downing, Chicago White Sox catcher, whose eligibility for the 1974 American League Rookie of the Year award was questioned and then confirmed: "I'm a rookie. It says so on my bubble-gum card."
April 15, 1974 | Edited by Andrew Crichton
•Fred Taylor, Ohio State basketball coach, asked why it was he could penetrate to midcourt and stand for a full minute and not get a technical foul while Indiana Coach Bobby Knight got two for just sighing: "Bobby...